Thursday, November 5, 2015

TVpad HK TVB livestreams channels working again by changing the DNS number

TVpad HK TVB livestreams channels working again by changing the DNS number

Since two or 3 days ago, the HK TVB livestreams channels app did not work anymore on my TVpad. After that, I have manually changed the DNS number on my TVpad and the HK livestreams channels app HITV is working again on my TVpad.


Change your DNS number in the Settings to one of the DNS numbers below (just try until the HK livestream app is working again). IP address, Subnet mask and gateway remains the same, you do not have to change that.

49.213.10.163
146.0.227.36
199.231.210.236
199.231.210.237
23.234.51.175
110.34.169.179
23.234.51.177 
183.57.43.70
192.231.210.236 
123.127.108.135 (use this if you are from the US) 
182.140.167.166 (use this if you are from the US) 
101.251.252.252 (use this if you are from the US) 
101.251.252.252  (use this if you are from the US)

106.39.38.250 (use this if you are from the US)

118.102.25.66 (use this if you are from the US)

61.185.50.66 (use this if you are from the US)

183.230.118.135 (use this if you are from the US)

111.47.80.66 27 (use this if you are from the US)


The official Chinese TVpad website is back online again, so hopefully everything will be back to normal again soon.

Let me know if you TVpad is working again after changing the DNS number on your TVpad.

If you live in the US and have the TVpad 4, install the YueTV app. See this post: http://tvpadm233.blogspot.com/2015/11/tvpad-4-yuetv-app-for-people-from-us-watch-cantonese-tv-content-again.html)

For the latest news situation about TVpad 1, TVpad2 or TVpad3, read this post:
Latest news about TVpad 1,2 or 3 models 

28 comments:

  1. I changed DNS number and it's not working tvb live channels still won't load

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there I added this DNS 49.213.10.163 to my setting on Nov. 8 2015...the HK live TV is working now in sunny, California...many many thanks to your info.....John Paul Liu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you on manual when you did this? Then what did you enter for the IP address, subnet mask, gateway?

      Delete
  3. My live TV has always worked., its the on demand TVB drama apps that don't. I tried changing DNS as mentioned above, but it won't let me leave the IPaddress, Subnet mask and gateway blank (which is what was before). Any idea what I'm suppose to input in these fields? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the second code and everything works again thanks for you info. From Sydney Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the first code not the second code i mentioned above and it worka really well and as well as the video on demand app as well. Thanks from Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. How to change the DNS from TVPAD2? Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could any one tell me how to change the DNS numbers from TVPAD2? Thx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can change the DNS number in Settings option.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For Tvpad2 in UK, the dns settings didn't work, but I realised my firmware was still 3.70, so I updated to 3.94 and it works again. We only have a couple of working apps now because it wipes them after update, but better than none.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to Manual and everything is empty. I tried putting the DNS in 49.213.10.163 in California to all (gateway,DNS,subnet mask,IP address) but it says failed to set cable network. What do I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go into the setting e. Gateway and then come out of it without pressing anything it should auto fill it in after a few secs.

      Delete
  11. @Josephine Lo: Subnet mask is usually 255.255.255.0 and gateway is usually 192.168.0.1. About your ip address: use this site to find out your ip address: https://www.iplocation.net/find-ip-address

    ReplyDelete
  12. My tvpad2 is still not working, even when I switched the DNS. Any ideas to help? When I test the network the error on server code is abnormal (error code : 2)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i did the test network, abnormal on server ( error code -1). I also tried to change the DNS, but it didnt work. From UK

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a TVPAD 3. I have changed the DNS number, it is
    49.213.10.163-23.234.51.175-23.234.51.177- I have changed it, but I am only able to view 3 apps. they include the 3 news apps. The drama apps do not work. I am in Melbourne Australia and my TVPAD was bought in 2013. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Mabel Tang: I only have tested the Tvpad HK livestream app and the HK video on de mand app (with video's from TVB, J2, Pearl, etc). They are still working at the moment after I have changed the DNS number. The Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese livestream app also seem to work at the moment.

    Do you mean the HK TVB drama app is not working on your TVpad (with only TV-series from TVB)? I believe the HK drama app still works on my TVpad. Anyone else has the same problem?





    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in Boston, it won't let me save the 49.213.10.163. It ask me for the IP address, subnet mask, gateway and MAC address. I tried a few suggestion above, it kept saying FAILED TO SET Cable network. Please help! I have tvpad3

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first DNS for the US work in the Dallas area for live stream. Thanks. I have a Tvpad 2.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have TVpad3, model M358. 123.127.108.135 works for me. but I only get to watch 粵海時移 and 粵海寬頻. 無線劇集 still not available. Please let me know how to get 無線劇集. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. sorry i forgot to mention I am from Southern California. 123.127.108.135 works.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Josephine Lo - PPPoE is a point to point protocol over the ethernet. It is normally used for direct access to a service via an assigned user name and password. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. If changing DNS number does not work for you, buying a VPN subscription seems to be the best option for now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So far I have to say TvPad is a terrible investment! I've owned mine for 2 years, and there has always been issues with movies not streaming correctly even though I have a very very fast internet speed. Movies that are there one moment and then a week later when you go back to view them, there's no data to stream, so no movie! Most recently this crap issue with finding a DNS that actually works, I've tried everyone I could find from various blogs, to no avail. I'm about ready to toss mine out the door and never have anything to do or say positive about this company.

    ReplyDelete
  23. live tv will not work and i am in VA

    ReplyDelete

All the comments will be approved as soon as possible.